Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year. Our theme is, “Our Greatest Year.” We are proud of our tradition of Excellence since 1992. We recognize our vital role in the community and it is our mission to educate our students to be well-informed, responsible citizens ready to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century.
Our vision is aligned to our district vision. All students graduate from High School prepared to successfully enter into higher education and/or a viable career. There are three areas of focus that we strive for at Valley View High School:
Curriculum and Support
- High expectations for all students through rigorous, 21st century standards,
- Curriculum that integrates and blends technology, team building skills and makes real-world connections,
- Clear and focused academic goals,
- Data that is used to support student learning,
- Opportunities for students to be college and/or career ready.
- Frequent and strategic monitoring of student progress,
- Academic and behavioral support systems for all students,
- Targeted use of research-based best practices.
Positive Educational Environment:
- A safe and orderly educational environment,
- A positive school culture
- A kind and supportive staff.
Our culture of high expectations and excellence is evident in our student results both academically and athletically. We are proud to say that we have the highest graduate rate in the Moreno Valley Unified School District at 93.9%, which is above the district, state, and national, averages. More than 40% of our students enrolled in Advanced Placement (AP) classes pass their exam. We are also proud to be the home school of the athlete who had the highest grade point average in the County of Riverside. Our boys’ water polo team won the CIF championship, making history for the school, district and the city of Moreno Valley.
We are not only positioning our students to be prepared but also to be able to compete with any student within our district, county and the nation. This is evident by our students who wrote, submitted and presented at the National Student Space Experiment ……
We are excited about this upcoming school year, which is sure to be, “Our Greatest Year.” Please engage with us whenever appropriate and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any praise, questions, comments or concerns. Also, I will be hosting monthly informal conversations this year. They will be held the second Friday of each month (beginning on September 14th) from 7:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. It will be your time to have informal conversations and meet other parents. I will provide tea, coffee, water and pastries. This will be a time for us to get to know each other better for the benefit of the students.
Karen Y. Johnson, Principal