Chromebook Helpful Suggestions
Here are some helpful suggestions to extend the life of the Chromebooks.
The Dell Chromebook 11 Model 3180 has a spill-resistant keyboard, cushioned edges for drop protection, scratch-resistant Gorilla® Glass, lay-flat hinges, and operate for 10 hours on a full charge. With proper care, these Chromebooks will last many years.
- Chromebooks should not be loaned to others nor left unattended.
- Please report any damage to the school right away.
- Should a Chromebook become lost or stolen, please report it to the school right away. MVUSD can remotely “shut down” the Chromebook so that it cannot be used by anyone.
- Chromebooks should be charged each night using the charger provided by the school. Chargers should be left at home.
- Although Chromebook content will be filtered and access monitored, students are expected to use the device appropriately by focusing on educational expectations.
- Parents/Guardians are encouraged to monitor their student’s use of the Chromebook and to support outstanding digital citizenship.
- Students should keep passwords secret and not share personal information online.
- Please keep food and beverages away from Chromebooks.
- Please do not use liquids, chemicals, or abrasives to clean any part of the Chromebooks.
- Parents may wish to look into low-cost insurance. Many private insurance companies offer low-cost policies to insure student electronic devices. Worth Ave. Group (worthavegroup.com) and School Device Coverage (schooldevicecoverage.com) are two such companies.
- Although students can use Google’s office products offline, parents may want to look into low-cost internet access. See everyoneon.org for details.